Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Emotions

Today I am mediating on my emotions. I am an intensely sensitive and emotional soul, and when I feel anything it really affects me. I have learned that my spirit animal totem is the whale, a symbol of emotional depth. Like Jonah, I am retreating into the belly of my whale, meditating and thinking about why I feel the way I do. When I am ready, I will emerge from this whale with new-found enlightenment. I mediate on the difference between my feelings and other people's feelings. I meditate on how my soul and my ego connect with, and affect my feelings. I am on a long journey of trying to master them.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder - do we need to master our emotions or just learn to appreciate and listen to what they are telling us? I don't want my emotions to master me, but I think I want to learn to listen what they are saying to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Igal, your whale meditation sounds both peaceful and powerful. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete