Monday, May 30, 2011

Celebrate rain

This morning I took a walk through the forest near my house. I imagine that I am one of the trees in this forest, wet with the new-fallen rain. My roots reach down into the damp soil and drink from the fresh water. I am sharing this water with the trees next to me.
All living things are connected through the same water. The water that flows in our oceans, the water that runs through the rivers, the water in the clouds above that rains down on the earth. The water that makes up most of my body.
The water that gives us all life.
I celebrate rain today.

1 comment:

  1. You're right, water is quite akin to the spiritual connection between all things that exist. When you celebrate water, you also celebrate that connection. Wonderful thought!

    ReplyDelete