Monday, July 18, 2011

Sunset Meditation

It is the end of the day, the end of an 8 week doctoral class on Technology and Organizational Management, and I am ready to shed the stress and anxiety of the day.
I look out over the sunset and take a deep breath. The beautiful colors in the sky remind me of my connection with the universe. I close my eyes and breathe out.
I imagine the stress that has settled into my forehead slides down and rolls into the ground.
Another deep breath. The stress in my neck slides down and gravity takes it away.
Breathe. The stress in my back is no longer a part of me. Again, I remember to breathe. I visualize all the stress in my life rolling out my toes and going deep into the earth.
I let the energy exchange of the universe turn it into healing strength that comes up from the ground and slowly moves through my body, recharging me.
I feel relaxed.
I breathe.
I am at peace.
I can rest.
Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alli, this is a great combination of almost a chakra and body scan meditation, but from your unique perspective. I love the visual connections here! Once again I am in awe of your ability to weave your reality with the universe as a whole. Sigh if only we all could see through that lens, if only for a minute. :)

    ReplyDelete