Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mandala Meditation

My mandalas are a visual mediation. I think in color, so this is very important to me. I start in the center, in the core of my being. I listen to my spirit, the small still voice deep inside. As I move out to the next layer, I look at my values, what is important to me. I move out to what motivates me. As I continue to draw, I feel peace and I feel I can express myself. It takes me a few hours to do a mandala, and I always like to be alone and uninterrupted. When I am done, I feel centered and at peace with myself, with the universe, with where I am going in life.

4 comments:

  1. You create such beautiful mandalas! I can completely appreciate the process and benefits that come from it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool that you've shared some of your mandala process. I think it is a great meditation for everyone to try. This particular mandala looks great with the blog design, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you - I thought of it when I saw the new blog design so I had to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ali I would love to see one of your mandalas! I have been thinking of making some myself. I was inspired by the ones at Monarch.

    ReplyDelete