Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cat Meditation


It's quiet in the house the morning.
Pooh, my cat, jumps on my lap and starts purring vigorously, and I realize that he is at peace.
I put my arms around him and hold him tight. I let the purrs vibrate through my hand, and feel them permeate my being.
I breathe deeply with Pooh.
I bury my fingers in his soft fur and feel grounded and connected to him.
I forget what is going on in the room, and I let this peace flow through me.
I set aside the cares of my life, the urgency of work, and let breathing and purring define me.
I am.
I am not defined by what I do but by the person that I am.
I listen to the truth of who I am and let this truth flow through me.
I open up the connection with the energy of the universe and let this energy flow into me. It flows through me to Pooh. It flows through Pooh to me.
And I feel complete.
at peace.
loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment