Monday, September 5, 2011

Cool Morning Meditation

I woke up early this morning, feeling very tired, sick, and stressed.
I opened the front door and the cool air was refreshing.
I stepped out and took a deep breath. Such a beautiful day.
I focused on my tree in the front yard - I do love trees for meditation.
The roots remind me to reach deep into the earth for nourishment and support. I remembered that I am connected to the earth, the planet, and all life everywhere. I let that life come up out of the earth into my body as I reached up toward the sky. I was able to focus on the energy flowing through me and touching the pain in my body. The energy moved up and woke up my brain, bringing me a new awareness of the world around me. I feel recharged and ready for the day.
Meditation is becoming more natural as I do it more often. I have been trying to meditate before bed, when I wake up, and a short meditation between activities. I find that it is a great way to clear my brain for the new ideas I am switching to. This makes it much easier to focus on my many varied activities.

1 comment:

  1. You are becoming a master meditator, sweetie! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete